Skilled Independent Visa Sponsorship
The 189 skilled independent visa is a permanent visa for Australia. Applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply applicants:
- must have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- must complete a successful skill assessment for the relevant occupation.
- must have at least ‘Proficient’ or ‘Superior’ English.
- must have obtained a minimum of 65 points on the point assessment.
- must be aged between 18 and 50 years at the time of invitation.
- must submit an expression of interest (EOI) and be invited by SkillSelect.
The 189 skilled independent visa allows you to:
- stay in Australia permanently.
- work and study in Australia.
- enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare.
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia.
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years.
- if eligible, become an Australian citizen.
Newly arrived residents may have to wait before they can access certain Australian Government payments and benefits.
Skilled migrants who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member will use this visa subclass. With this visa, you can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia and eligible family members can be included in your application. The skilled migrant and family will remain in Australia indefinitely with full work rights.
To be able to submit a valid application for this visa you need to first submit an Expression of Interest through Skill Select. You can do this in or outside Australia and we specialise in helping you prepare your skills assessment, your expression of interest with skill select and visa application.
If you are invited to apply for this visa, you will then have 60 days in which to submit your online application. Your invitation letter will explain the process you must follow. Invitations are based on claims made in your Expression of Interest at the time you are invited to apply. Your application must reflect the information provided in your Expression of Interest and be supported by relevant evidence.
We will help access your points, advise on a migration plan, lodge your skills assessment with the external assessing body and lodge your visa with the department of immigration.
Your Eligibility Assessment
Sydney : 119 Willoughby Road, Crows Nest NSW 2065
1800 861 616